Wednesday, September 03, 2008

DAY THREE

I stayed home today and made more muscadine jam, as well as some yummy yeast bread to spread it on. I love being in the kitchen, cooking and baking. Canning is especially gratifying. Is it so nice to see the tangible rewards of a hard day of work!

Matt stopped by the store for me to pick up a gallon of milk...and also grabbed a gallon of ice cream. I said that I wasn't going to include Matt's impulse purchases in my budget, but I was pretty happy to see the ice-cream, so I am going to include it. Those two items brings my grocery bill for the week to $76.52. I am definitely going to have to be really careful for the rest of the month. Yikes!

Here is what we ate today:
Breakfast: Green smoothies
Lunch: homemade pizza, grapes, water
Dinner: Enchiladas (friends came over and made us dinner! What a treat!), ice cream

4 comments:

  1. The grapes are good! I'm sure you will be able to balance your budget! How was your bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I baked and baked and baked some more today. It was a great day! :)

    I tried my hand at pear preserves the other day and I must say it turned out quite well. Jeff even says it ALMOST tastes like his grandfather's. Now, I know it will never taste like his grandfather's, but I'll take the compliment! :)

    I'm enjoying your new series. As always, you're an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try my hand at baking some gluten free bread this weekend so I think my son will get a kick out of those eggs in a basket...thanks!

    It sounds like you are having a successful start to the 30 days.

    I'm sure I'll be back to check in more.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love following everyone's progress on this 30 day challenge. I made bread yesterday too and opened a jar of peach preserves from last year. DH asked me if man could live on homemade bread with homemade jam on top. I think he'll give it his best shot!
    What type of grape is a muscadine? I've seen a recipe in my Ball BLue Book, just wondering.
    Keep up the challenge!

    ReplyDelete