Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WHAT I DO NOT HAVE...

I started cleaning my house at 6:30 this morning. At 11:30 tonight, I threw in the towel, and flopped in bed, worn out. My house doesn't look much better than it did when I started almost 17 hours ago. The clutter monster has been rearing its ugly head and it is time to tackle it once again. You can't organize clutter, you can only get rid of it (wise words from flylady) and I have always held to that. Nothing is safe in my house. I am not very sentimental and would much rather have an empty shelf than one crammed with things that I am only half hearted about.

I find myself so frustrated when things start to pile up. My life feels so much calmer when I have a decluttered space to exist in. I have more mental space too. I like having visual space...being able to rest my eyes on a blank wall, or white bedding, or an empty table...frees my mind to think, plan, create. The less I own, the simpler and more fulfilling my life becomes.

So tonight, I echo the words of St. Teresa of Avila, in true gratitude.
"Thank God for the things that I do not own".

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for help with this. I am too sentimental and a pack rat...drives the hubby crazy! Trying to unload some of the extras and free up some space...Keep blogging, it is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete