Wednesday, September 05, 2007

QUOTIDIAN HAPPINESS
(Or, Laundry Nirvana)

Today my clothesline went up (thanks mom, for the help!). It was a beautiful day today. A nice breeze, not too hot. I couldn't wait to hang my load of laundry out to dry. It was just as divine as I had anticipated. While the others slept, I took C out to help me. He carried his little red stool and together we hung out the laundry. Every time I walk by my kitchen window, I see the freshly laundered linens blowing in the breeze. I haven't been this excited about doing laundry since...well, ever.

It has occurred to me that there are some thing in life that I am always going to have to do. No matter how much I do it, how great a system I have, whatever, there will always be more. Laundry is like that. So, rather than fight it, grumble, be annoyed...I have decided I have to make it the most amazing experience it can possibly be. Whenever we move, I always paint my laundry room first. That is a room I spend a lot of time in, I want it to be nice. My laundry room in this house is truly one of my favorite rooms. It is divine. It is very small but it is so cute!

Yesterday, I ordered some handmade lavender laundry detergent. It is very easy to make. But I thought I would buy a little sample and see how it worked before buying all the ingredients and committing to make it myself. I bought it on etsy from this great WAHM, who I went ahead and purchased a hemp diaper from (I figured it would be good to have a different kind or two to compare).

So, with the natural detergent, happy clothesline, wooden clothespins, cozy laundry room, and a sweet little helper, what's not to love about doing laundry?

*BTW, I PROMISE I will be posting pics soon. Got the cord today and was so excited...until I realized the batteries in the camera were dead!! Argh! Hopefully, the "dented can store" will have some tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment