Sunday, February 17, 2008

WEEK IN REVIEW

If you read my last post, you might think the computer hiatus of the last week was just me taking my own advice. Wish it were so, but it was nothing so noble as that. Last Monday started out like any other week...a little housework, a little grocery shopping, a little planning and list making. But you know what they say about our best laid plans. On Monday afternoon, one of my dearest of friends, Stacy, was re-admitted to the hospital, with complications from the c-section she had the week before. I won't go into the details because it is her story to tell, but it was a very long, grueling week for her. While she was in the hospital, I had the privilege of caring for her sweet little newborn boy. I enjoyed every moment of it and those to-do lists went out the window.

At the same time, the main bathroom was being completely gutted. Strange men in my house, sheetrock dust on every surface, no downstairs bathroom, and general mayhem completely threw me off balance. Trying to get four small boys (5, 2, 8 months, and the newborn) to nap while the house shakes with banging and sawing is no easy task, let me tell you!! I am looking forward to showing you the before and after pictures of our new master bathroom in just a few weeks, but first, I have to find an old claw foot tub to restore!
There are so many pictures I want to share and thoughts I want to commit to a post (like how we finally decided to homeschool Caedmon in the fall!!). I know I will get to them eventually. Right now I am just in the thick of my messy, happy, (sometimes) not-so-simple life!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Oh, you get to care for a newborn. How special. How great. You are his angel. And, her's too. I missed you at JC's party. Brian and I had a great time. It was my first all-night away from Beatrice. Happy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of the bathroom. What an incredible friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing that you were there for your friend to care for her new baby, and I totally feel your pain about workmen in the house. You don't properly cherish your privacy until it's gone.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete