Friday, February 29, 2008

LIVE LIGHTLY IS COMING TO TOWN!!

***UPDATE: WE WILL BE HAVING A POTLUCK DINNER HERE AT OUR HOUSE ON TUESDAY AT 6 PM. PLEASE BRING A MAIN DISH, AS WELL AS A SIDE DISH OR TWO, TO SHARE. INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!! IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION OR DIRECTIONS, EMAIL ME AT ATHOMELAUREL@YAHOO.COM. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!***

Many of you have been keeping up with Sara, Matt, and Bella from the Live Lightly Tour. Or maybe you know Sara from her fabulous blog, Walk Slowly, Live Wildly.
For those of you who live nearby, I am excited to tell you that they are coming here in just a few weeks!! Sara is still trying to iron out the details and settle on the date, but it will be somewhere around the 10-17. There will be a lot of things going on while they are here. I am trying to pull some things together, but I could use some help.

First, Sara and Matt would like to do a demonstration at the University. I am not sure who to contact. I have talked to a few friends that are professors, but they aren't sure either. If you have any ideas of a contact, please let me know ASAP.

Secondly, we will be having a pot luck or something at our house one night so everyone can come and tour the RV, meet Sara and Matt, and talk sustainability. If you are interested in coming to this, and/or know someone else who would like to come, please let me know so I can start planning that.

Third, if you would like to use their services while they are here, let me know! Sara does awesome photography, as well as interior design consultations (just check out the adorable places she has called home!). Matt does carpentry work. If you have anything that needs some repair around your home, now is the time!

I am so excited to meet the Janssens and to have them here with us for a few days! I want to make their time here both a wonderful learning experience for the community, and a great time of fellowship. Please let me know asap if you are interested in being a part of their visit!

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Laurel,
    Try Continuing Ed. or the Botanical Gardens at the Univ.
    Perhaps Keep Bulloch Beautiful.....
    LQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will plan to come to the potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:50 PM

    Hey- I'm thrilled! Good job! Yes to the potluck, and yes to if you need help putting it together. Just call me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:53 PM

    And I had another thought. We may (may!) be framing in the master bath/closet about that time. So it's possible Jason could hire Matt to help. I'll discuss that with J and get back with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:34 PM

    I want to come to the dinner! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to come!! Boo Hoo Hoo! I live too far away now! Y'all have a grand time, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are here right now! :) I wish I could just follow them down there and meet you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:34 AM

    I am so pumped about this. Laurel you are amazing. nice work. let me know if I can help you with any thing. i am thinking about getting her to help with our house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Jaime Riggs or Sandy Hirsh with SCVB, Brooke Cairny with Keep Bulloch Beautiful, hmm...who else. Karen with GSU Continuing Ed. Feel free to let them know that I gave you their names, if it helps

    ReplyDelete
  11. knock, knock! You won my pay it forward giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tag You're It!
    http://boysrulemylife.blogspot.com/2008/03/more-taggin.html

    ReplyDelete