Thursday, November 29, 2007

SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE...

Now that it is officially the holidays, I have been in a baking frenzy. With lots of pumpkin and plenty of apples from the North GA mountains, I have been whipping up lots of winter yumminess. I thought I would share these seasonal recipes with you. They are perfect for all the extra fall fruits and veggies you have lying around!This beautiful and just slightly sweet dessert was absolutely delicious. I have made it twice. It is also great for brunch or breakfast. Thanks to Anna for this great fall recipe (it is her Nov. 2nd post...I can't get it to link correctly, for some reason)!

These pumpkin-apple muffins with streusel topping got raves from the kids and adults alike. I substituted applesauce for the oil. They were moist and sweet and absolutely delicious! Plus, for those who are interested, these are dairy free!

This butternut squash pizza on a homemade pizza crust got mixed reviews. If you like somewhat unusual food, I would recommend trying this. I added a little balsamic vinegar to the roasting squash and onions, and I thought it was good. I would recommend cutting the squash very thin. It was good with white wine. A handy little tip I learned to peel butternut squash is to stick the whole thing in boiling water for about four minutes. This will make it much easier to peel.

My most successful recipe over the last few weeks has hands down been the pralines. They were soooo yummy and just a hair off from the River Street Sweets version (and believe me, I have done lots of "research"). I think substituting heavy cream for the milk would probably be the ticket to achieving Praline nirvana. :)

2 comments:

  1. So sweet of you to think of us on the dairy free recipe. I assume you were thinking of me (and Melissa and maybe someone else, too... I don't know) but I know you were thinking of ME! :)

    Those pralines do look yummy! Maybe you should send me 1... just 1. I can have dairy in very small amounts.

    Happy to see you posting like me... lots all at once! haha!

    Hey, I was surprised you didn't have any questions to ask me... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pralines = heaven.

    ReplyDelete