Friday, November 02, 2007

LOVELY FRIDAYToday was a fun filled Friday! After spending the morning at Biblestudy, I rushed home to have a quick lunch with my childhood friend, Lydia, who was in town for the week-end. It was great to see her and spend a few (quick) minutes visiting, before rushing off to bookgroup.

At our monthly bookgroup, we discussed last month's mystery, The Thirteenth Tale. It was a great book, and I highly recommend reading it. Apparently, there are lots of things that you don't pick up on in the first reading, so you have to read it twice...I didn't do that. No biggie, I am used to being the one who doesn't read between the lines. It is what it is. :)

This month's selection (non-fiction month) is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle which I am so looking forward to reading. It has been on my amazon wish list for a while now, so I can't wait to get started on it. Kuddos to you, Mrs. Louise, for this pick!! Plus, crunchy chicken has been leading a book discussion on this book, so hopefully I will have lots of insights from there, as well.

Then, I spent the rest of the afternoon swinging my boys on their new playset, bouncing on the trampoline, lying on the ground, looking up at the leaves. And it occurred to me. As much as I get frustrated, and tired, and aggravated...as much as I sometimes just want to change my name and run away to a tropical paradise...as much as I CRAVE a little quiet (yes, Charlotte, the kind that roars in your ears!), I am living exactly the life that I had hoped to live. A simple life with my husband, my children, and my happy little house. And today was all I could want in an autumn afternoon. Time seemingly suspended, for a few moments. Taking mental snapshots of laughter and sunshine and twinkly eyes and dirty faces. I live for these moments. When I force myself to leave the housework and the to do list and just BE. Not wanting, not expecting. Just living, simply. Content.
It was a good day.

*Image from lu2shoot on flickr.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I love those moments. I wish they could last forever, but the housework does seem to call from time to time! :)

    Isn't it nice to just be content with where you are at? I really do love those moments.

    ReplyDelete