TEN THINGS I AM LOVING RIGHT NOW1. Springtime in South GA. Goodness, it is gorgeous here this time of year. There is no where like south Ga March-May. After that, it is pretty much just hot, but right now, it is pure bliss. The boys had their first swim in the kiddie pool this afternoon, surrounded by blooming azaleas.
2. Cleaning the house to classical music. Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Rachmaninoff, I don't care, I love them all. It makes housework twice as nice.
3. Hot bubble baths. This is a perpetual favorite. I went to a good deal of trouble to find an old claw foot tub when we renovated the bathroom. Baths in a claw foot tub are in a league of their own.
4. Decluttering and spring cleaning. Ah, it feels so good to have room to move and breathe. Lots of space. Empty places to rest your eyes. Living with less is best!
5. This cool poster. I am planning to print it out, blow it up, frame it, and hang it in the boys room. So cool. Love it!
6. Cooking. It is so nice to be back in the kitchen after several months of staying far, far away. I made meal plans this morning and bought groceries. I am wanting fresh, simple foods with minimal preparation such as homemade tomato soup with foccaccia bread, texas caviar, green smoothies, and hummus and pitas. I always get lots of inspiration from Susan's food blog.(gRAWnola with fresh berries and local honey).
7. Mellow Mushroom. Man, I love that restaurant. The one in our town closed several years ago, and we are so happy that a new and improved one opened here last week. We have been four times so far. I love their hummus, spinach salad, and both their soups were yummy (tortilla with avocado and tomato bisque). Yay for good restaurants!!
8. Anticipation. There are lots of exciting things on our horizon and it is so fun to have big, happy plans looming in the future. A trip to Miami sans kids. My brother's wedding. Lots of friends having babies. We are having a baby! Time at the beach. Lazy summer days at the water park. Fresh foods coming into season!! There is no shortage of things to be excited and happy about!
9. Babywearing. I truly don't know how I lived without it with my first two children but it has been a wonderful experience with Bauer. Even now, halfway through my pregnancy, I pull out the Ergo 4-5 times a week. He loves it, I love it, and it makes my life infinitely easier. I can't wait to carry the new baby around, nestled in the pouch or wrap, all snuggled up next to me. Babywearing makes me feel nurturing and happy and just RIGHT. It is a good, good thing. (Bauer in my homemade wrap last year)
10. March Madness. I am not a televised sports fan. The announcers/broadcasters really drive me batty. However, I do enjoy March Madness. We all fill out our brackets (even Caedmon and Landing) and it is a really fun thing for us as a family to keep up with it, watch it together, tally our bracket points, etc. Plus, I feel like this is a way that I can really participate in something that Matt enjoys.
What are you loving right now?