Saturday, August 30, 2008

MATT AND DARCIE

Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes. I am so thankful to report that both Matt and Darcie are well on their way to restored health.

Matt was able to leave the hospital on Thursday night. He has salmonella poisoning and is on antibiotics. He does not have Crohn's disease.

Darcie is expected to leave the hospital within the next few days. She is recovering well and is also on antibiotics.

On a semi-related note, my hubby is unbelievably sweet. One morning this week, while I was at the hospital with Matt, I mentioned to a visiting friend that I would like to get an Ipod Shuffle for my workout music. I joked that I would be a much better runner, if only had a Shuffle. Matt was on morphine during this conversation and slept through the whole visit.

Fast forward two days. He is finally back at home, and we are preparing to go to bed. I crawl into my side of the bed and am surprised to see a gift bag on my pillow. Inside, I find an Ipod Shuffle and a note that says "Thanks for being a strong mother and an amazing wife when I am not here! I love that I can trust you with everything..."

I tell you, that man is too good to me. And of course, that note meant waaaay more than that ipod ever could! I am just amazed that he even heard (much less remembered!) me talking about it, as drugged up as he was. And the fact that he left the hospital and went to the store, feeling like he did! That man is a keeper. :)

5 comments:

  1. We're glad they are both recovering too!!

    Good one, Matt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I love little notes. Houston's notes are usually more thoughful than mine. It's a nice suprise to get one, and a gift as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A note like that would last me for another ten to fifteen years. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel,
    So glad he is ok!!
    How sweet of your husband!!
    Awww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is seriously so sweet, and I agree, way better than the gift itself, is the note. You've got a keeper there!

    ReplyDelete