Friday, May 16, 2008

BRINGING THE BEACH HOMEI have been in deep contemplation since returning from the beach earlier this week. Pondering the wise words of Anne Morrow Lindbergh, trying to make application to my own life, processing the insights I gained while taking a break from the quotidian routines that make up who I (mostly) am at this stage of my life. Over the next few days, or weeks, if need be, I am going to do a series of posts on some of my take-aways. Many of them I am still thinking through, so hopefully writing them down will bring clarity.
I am looking forward to it.
See you soon.

"The solution for me, surely, is neither in total renunciation of the world, nor in total acceptance of it. I must find a balance somewhere, or an alternating rhythm between these two extremes; a swinging of the pendulum between solitude and communion, between retreat and return. In my periods of retreat, perhaps I can learn something to carry back into my worldly life". -Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea



*Image from Shelby Nycole on flickr.com

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    That's exactly what I've learned to do; take mini-vacations by myself in order to be able to think and meditate without distraction. I always come back a calmer, wiser person more in focus about my life's mission. I highly recommend them. Your mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:41 PM

    I'll look forward to this!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete